The magnificent seven, the seven wonders of the world, the seven nation army … for a company called 7thingsmedia it’s no surprise we’re quite taken with the number seven.
So it was with six parts delight and one part unease when I received last week’s news that we’ve been nominated for eight Performance Marketing Awards and one Drum award.
Although it’s outside our lucky number 7 comfort-zone, being shortlisted for nine awards in a week is a fantastic achievement for the team, the agency and our clients.
At last year’s Performance Marketing Awards we were awarded a single shortlist spot for Best Agency (that we went onto claim); which itself marked a real breakthrough for us. But this year’s nominations symbolises our progress, growth, and success in 2011. We are naturally delighted once again to be rubbing shoulders with traditional media agencies in the Best Agency category this year.
Seeing our name alongside leading consumer brands is kudos in itself, but being listed near the word ‘Best‘ and the words ‘Consumer Targeting Campaign‘, ‘Lead Generation‘, ‘Use of Data‘, ‘International Excellence‘, ‘Managed Affiliate Programme‘, and ‘New Entrant‘ is phenomenal.
I’ve even sneaked an entry shortlist for the Hotshot Rising Star category and on the separate awards I’ve also been shortlisted to win Marketer of the Year.
Performance Marketing Awards shortlists:
- Best consumer targeting campaign: 7thingsmedia for Agent Provocateur
- Best use of data: 7thingsmedia for Affiliate Manager Plus
- Best new entrant: 7thingsmedia for Ideal World (PPC and affiliates)
- Best lead generation campaign: 7thingsmedia for Secret Sales
- Best managed affiliate programme: 7thingsmedia for Ted Baker
- International excellence award: 7thingsmedia (UK, Europe, US & APAC)
- Best agency: 7thingsmedia
- Hot shot award: Chris Bishop
The Drum Awards shortlist:
- Marketer of the Year: Chris Bishop
We naturally couldn’t have done this without your support and that of all our other clients. I’d also like to thank all the team - both in London and New York - for their sterling efforts.
...and here’s to May – we’ll be on table number seven (true story) with smiles on faces and drinks in hand – a maximum of seven each, we’re staying true to our lucky number!